What if I’m no longer self-employed - how can I stop doing tax returns?

Updated 2 weeks ago by Portify

If you stop being self-employed you have to let HMRC know as soon as possible. Otherwise they’ll still expect you to file a self-assessment tax return.

There are two ways to inform HMRC about your change from self-employment:

  • Call HMRC on 0300 200 3310
  • Fill out a form on the HMRC website 
  • Or mention it in your Self Assessment tax return (simply tick a box).

How did we do?